Be honest ,when you are called for your daily standup meeting do you react with enthusiasm or do you sigh out of frustration? Here are a few lessons I’ve learned which may help get things back on track.
- Remember the 3 things you need to say. What have I done? What am I doing? Is there anything stopping me?
- All questions and discussions should be take offline!
- Everyone on the team is responsible for stopping people who are taking the meeting off track.
- Be punctual!
- Only members of the team get a speaking part!
- Make sure the meeting is held at a time suitable for everyone.
- Make sure its held at the same time in the same place!
- Make sure everyone knows the rules!
- It doesn’t matter if people are standing. Just that they keep to the rules!
With a bit of practice and a great deal of discipline these should help reign in those unruly meetings!